1. Your Consent:
2. Scope of Policy:
3. The Information We Collect, and Our Uses of This Information.
We will not share with any third party personally identifiable information you provide via the Website, other than as expressly disclosed in this policy. By "personally identifiable information" we mean information that identifies you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or credit card information.
3.1. We collect information at different points on our Website, and use this information as follows:
3.1.1. Online Mail List Sign-Up. In order to sign up to receive emails from us about new products and special offers, we require that you complete our Mailing List Sign-up Form. This form asks for contact information, which includes such items as (i) email address; (ii) first and last name; and (iii) state of residence. We use the information from this Mailing List Sign-up Form to analyze product sales and distribution; marketing strategies; and to gather demographic information about customers.
3.1.2. Employment Applicants. In the future, our Web Site may allow Site Visitors to submit employment applications to us. We may use the information we receive from these Site Visitors (i) to process the Site Visitors' employment applications, (ii) to contact references which may be identified in the applications, (iii) to collect and compile additional information concerning the Site Visitor from available sources, consistent with applicable law, and (iv) to evaluate the Site Visitor's candidacy for employment.
3.1.3. Processing Transactions and Requests. We will use contact information and other information that Site Visitors provide to us for purposes of processing their requests. In each of these instances, we use the information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information.
3.1.4. Informational Notices and Bulletins. Periodically, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information to you, and will use personally identifiable information to send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 6.
3.1.5. Anonymous, Aggregate Information. “Aggregate Information” is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning your use of our services, or the pages on our Site that you visit most frequently. We use Aggregate Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve and tailor our services, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our services and the characteristics of visitors at our Site, and may share Aggregate Information with third parties.
Aggregate Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We may collect Aggregate Information through features of the software that supports our services, through cookies, and through other means described below.
3.1.6. IP Addresses. Janome IE may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your PC), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which are aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used. None of this data contains personally identifiable information.
3.1.7. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, often including an anonymous unique identifier, sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies and other similar technologies on our Website, and may use them to recognize you when you return to our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. For more information, please refer to our Cookies Policy available at: https://www.janomeie.com/cookies-policy.html.
3.1.8. Our Website may include Social Media Features (“Features”), such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these Features and/or Widgets are governed by the privacy statement(s) of the company or companies providing such Features and/or Widgets.
3.2. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
4. No Obligation to Consider Employment Applications.
Due to the nature of the Internet and the structure of our Website, we may receive (i) substantially more applications through the Website than we are able or wish to review, (ii) applications which do not meet the requirements for positions that are available, and (iii) applications at times where no positions are currently available. Janome IE offers no such assurance we will process or review materials that a Site Visitor submits seeking employment with Janome IE, and Janome IE expressly disclaims any obligation to engage in such processing or review, and disclaims any obligation to respond to any Site Visitor employment submissions.
5. We Do Not Disclose Information to Unaffiliated Third Parties; Limited Exceptions.
We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except in the following limited circumstances:
5.1. Our Site Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as maintaining the Website, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to our business (collectively, “Site Vendors”). We may need to share your personally identifiable information with Site Vendors. We will provide Site Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and we will not allow them to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
5.2. Question of Harm. We may reveal your personally identifiable information to attorneys, private investigator organizations or law enforcement agencies if we believe (a) that you are in risk of harm from another, or (b) that you are harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others or violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms and Conditions of Use or otherwise violating the legal rights of another.
5.3. Legal. Janome IE will reveal your personally identifiable information, to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, or to the extent needed to enforce contractual obligations between us and you or a third party. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your personally identifiable information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted by applicable law.
6. Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out.
6.1. Discretionary Account Information. To allow appropriate control over personally identifiable information, we will provide you with access to your information to change or update discretionary information that you have previously submitted, or you may contact us using the contact information in Section 13.
6.2. Opt-Out. If we choose to send to you bulletins, updates, or other communications that are marketing-related materials or communications that you have otherwise elected to receive, we will provide you with the ability to decline – or “opt-out of” – receiving such communications. Instructions for opting-out will be provided if and when we determine to send you such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to "opt–out" of formal notices concerning operation of this Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to the Site.
6.3. Deleting Information. At your request, we will remove your name and all other personally identifiable information from our databases. Please understand it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of our services. You may not remove de-identified or aggregate data from our databases. You may contact us at email@example.com to request deletion of your name and all other personally identifiable information from our databases, subject to the above limitations.
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of information you provide to us, and we take all reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this information. Janome IE employees (and employees of our Site Vendors) are required to acknowledge that they understand and will abide by our policies with respect to the confidentiality of personally identifiable information.
Our security systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing information you provide to us. We also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Janome IE makes no representation or warranty as to the security of information provided by or submitted to Janome IE. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and hereby disclaim, any assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who obtain unauthorized access and deny any liability or responsibility for any such loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
8. Notice of Security Incident.
If we detect an intrusion or other unauthorized access to or use of personally identifiable information (an "Intrusion"), we will (i) notify affected users of the Intrusion if the information at issue is sensitive, in our discretion or as otherwise required by applicable law, (ii) deliver this notice by the means we deem most efficient under the circumstances in accordance with applicable law (such as, for example, first class mail or email); (iii) use contact information for each affected user that is current in our files; and (iv) use commercially reasonable efforts to accomplish these steps and effect this notice in a timely manner in accordance with applicable law. To the extent applicable law requires steps in addition to those specified above, we will under all circumstances comply with applicable law.
9. Notification of Amendment.
10. Privacy Protection for Children.
Our Website is not directed at children, and we will not accept or request personally identifiable information from individuals we know to be under 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), if we learn that a child under 13 has provided personally identifiable information, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases, in accordance with our deletion procedures, set out in Section 6.3, or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent, in accordance with COPPA.
11. Tracking Disclosures; Your California Privacy Rights.
11.2 Third Party Tracking. Third parties may track your online activities and collect personally identifiable information about you across time or across websites, including this Website. We do not control third parties' tracking, collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way, and we encourage you to contact such third parties for further information.
11.3. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personally identifiable information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit JANOME IE PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
13. Contact Us.
Janome Industrial Equipment USA, Inc.
751 Landmeier Road.
Elk Grove Village, IL, USA 60007
14. Effective Date.
Janome IE Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: September 1, 2021
Where noted in this Notice, the CCPA temporarily exempts from some of its requirements employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals (“employment-related information”), and personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information”).
Information We Collect
Janome IE, both through its Website and offline, collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, Janome IE has collected, either through its Website or offline, the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment- related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Personal information does not include:
- • Publicly available information from government records.
- • De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- • Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Janome IE obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- • Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- • Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- • To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- • To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- • To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- • To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- • To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- • To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- • To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- • For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- • For employment-related matters including, but not limited to, employee onboarding, payroll, and employee benefits.
- • To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- • As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- • To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Janome IE’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Janome IE about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Janome IE will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Janome IE may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- • Service providers (including, but not limited to, attorneys, accountants, IT service providers, payroll processors and benefits providers)
- • Data aggregators.
- • Janome IE affiliates
- • Janome IE-authorized dealers.
- • Government entities (for employment-related matters such as work authorizations, I-9 forms, payroll and tax withholding).
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Janome IE has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose.
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- • Service providers (including, but not limited to, attorneys, accountants, IT service providers, payroll processors and benefits providers).
- • Data aggregators.
- • Janome IE affiliates.
- • Janome IE-authorized dealers.
- • Government entities (for employment-related matters such as work authorizations, I-9 forms, payroll and tax withholding).
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Janome IE, has not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Janome IE disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- • The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- • The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- • Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- • The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- • The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- • If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- • Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- • Disclosure for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for employment-related information or B2B personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Janome IE delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- 1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, provide product warranty service, fulfill the terms of a product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- 2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- 3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- 4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- 5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- 6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- 7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- 8. Comply with a legal obligation.
- 9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for employment-related information or B2B personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- • Calling us at +1-800-631-0183.
- • Visiting www.janomeie.com.
- • Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, you must first verify your identity directly with us and provide written authorization to your agent to make requests on your behalf. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- • Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include
- • Your name, address, and any other information we may require to verify your identity.
- • Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically .csv format.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- • Deny you goods or services.
- • Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- • Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- • Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Janome Industrial Equipment USA, Inc., 751 Landmeier Road, Elk Grove Village, IL, USA 60007.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Janome IE reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Postal Address: Janome Industrial Equipment USA, Inc., 751 Landmeier Road, Elk Grove Village, IL, USA 60007